Find us on Google+ Astronomy Box: I met a NASA Astronaut

24 November 2011

I met a NASA Astronaut

It just so happened that my visit to the Crawford Observatory coincided with a visit from NASA astronaut Shane Kimbrough which was very exciting. He gave a talk to the physics students of UCC, and me hiding in the back, and answered many questions about his experiences as an astronaut which was incredible to hear from someone who's actually been "up there".

After a short interview, as time was short, we were able to grab him for another great photo opportunity for my blog. The fact that I'm wearing a blue t-shirt matching the blue of the ISS suit is entirely coincidental.

Left-Right:Prof. Paul Callanan, Lt. Col. Shane Kimbrough, Me.

Here is the interview which can also be viewed on the UCC youtube channel:

No comments:

Post a Comment