Find us on Google+ Astronomy Box: DSO 5 - M45 Pleiades Cluster (Colour)

13 November 2012

DSO 5 - M45 Pleiades Cluster (Colour)

A slight improvement in processing, and now in glorious Technicolor.

I managed to retain the colour information from the Nikon RAW NEF files by simply saving the images as TIFFs in Photoshop before processing them in Nebulosity.



OTA: WO 72mm Megrez w/ Moonlite Focuser & SkyWatcher FF & LPR Filter
Mount: HEQ5 Pro
Camera: Nikon D3100 14.2mp
ISO: 1600
Lights: 15x60sec
Darks: 15x60sec
Flats: None
Bias: None
Processing: Nebulosity
Post-processing: Photoshop

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to export my Nikon D800 raw files to TIFF before processing in Nebulosity. What setting did use use for the TIFF Options dialog box?

    I saw your previous version without color but really like the color retention you got by using TIFF's rather than the raw.

    Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stuart,
    I actually converted my RAW files to TIFF in Photoshop, because when I used Nebulosity the colour information was lost for some reason. I'm not sure if it's a compatibility issue with Nikon Raw files and Nebulosity but I would recommend using another program for the conversion if you're also having problems.

    The reason I had to convert them outside of Nebulosity is that the de-mosaic function wasn't restoring the colour back to my DSLR files (Which it's supposed to do)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will love it to enjoy our new app Faily Brakes Mod Apk : which you can download and enjoy free.

    ReplyDelete