Find us on Google+ Astronomy Box: DSO 4 - M45 Pleiades Cluster

8 November 2012

DSO 4 - M45 Pleiades Cluster

We got a nice clear night recently and I managed to get some pretty satisfactory
data of M45 to go with my new copy of Nebulosity.

I'm having a few initial niggles with processing the raw data from my Nikon D3100, but I'm quite pleased with what came out the other end.


OTA: WO 72mm Megrez w/ Moonlite Focuser & SkyWatcher FF & LPR Filter
Mount: HEQ5 Pro
Camera: Nikon D3100 14.2mp
ISO: 1600
Lights: 15x60sec
Darks: 15x60sec
Flats: None
Bias: None

Basically, my stacked results of M45 are coming out pretty much monochrome although the blue nebulosity is clearly visible in the raw images. I'm obviously doing something wrong in one of the steps. I'm following Craig Starks tutorials on the Stark website. Hopefully I'll be able to iron out these issues soon, and show the seven sisters in all their reflective nebulosity.

Also, part two of my Tenerife trip to come shortly. 
Apologies for the delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment